Youth Coach - This position is for 40 hours per week, depending upon availability.
We are seeking a youth coach to work with young people aged 10-24 years. The role requires 1:1 mentoring and running programmes/activities.
You will need:
• Excellent understanding of and ability to establish a rapport with young men.
• Knowledge and understanding of youth issues.
• Recent/previous work experience with young men.
• Group facilitation skills/experience.
• Qualification in /or training related to youth work issues.
• Understanding of youth cultures and an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
• Commitment to working within the Treaty of Waitangi, an understanding of the nature of partnership and the issues of biculturalism.
• Knowledge of the Children Young Persons and Their Families Act, 1989.
• Commitment to using a strengths-based approach.
• Current and full driver’s license.
Number 10 has a client base of youth aged between 10 – 24 years of age. We have a wrap-around service, which includes Doctors, Nurses, Case Manager and Youth Coaches. Check us out at
For a full job description and application form, please visit contact or phone 2141013.
Applications (which to be considered must include a cover letter, resume, and application form) should be submitted by 4pm on 30th March 2020.